Welcome to the NEW Autauga County Sheriff's Office Website!
Welcome to the Autauga County Sheriff’s Office official website. This custom website is a continuation of my efforts to progress the Sheriff’s Office forward and better serve our citizens. I will have to admit that maintaining a website is a new learning experience for us. We will do our best to make sure it contains the latest public information for you.
The men and women of the Autauga County Sheriff’s Office work diligently to insure you, your property and family are protected and safe form those who would do you harm. We are here to serve you and work with you to make our county and your community a safe place to live, work and raise our families. You as citizens, play an important role in making that happen. You can help us by keeping your eyes and ears open, reporting any suspicious person or activity you may observe to our office. As always we ask all our citizens if you See Something Say Something!
I have served as your Sheriff for two years now, and strive to make noticeable changes that I believe will better serve you. I am committed to being a good steward of the resources entrusted to the Autauga County Sheriff’s Office. Below are accomplishments made since Jan 2015.
- Moved personnel around to develop 12 hour shifts for Patrol Division. This allows for a consistent number of deputies on the road at any given time.
- More involved in the community with McGruff the Crime Dog, and Eddie Eagle programs.
- Added a Forensic Investigator to the Investigations Division to download and investigate cell phones, computers and other electronic devices used in crimes.
- Continue to replace the aging Crown Vic patrol cars with newer patrol vehicles.
- Continue to combat drugs and drug dealers in Autauga County, by placing an agent on the DEA Task Force.
- Started a business and home check program. This program has deputies traveling their respected district checking on all open and closed businesses and home checks for residence who are out of town.
There are still goals I wish to achieve, and once these goals are accomplished I will share the news.
I encourage you to sign up for alerts to receive up-to-date public information and breaking news. When you sign up for alerts you will have the option of choosing the method that you prefer your alert to be sent, either via text message, email or both. We also offer a mobile site for browsing on your phone. This website is here for your benefit, so browse freely. All comments and suggestions you may have are welcome, just send us an email.
It is a real pleasure to say “Thank You” to our community for your continued support of our agency over the last two years and I wish you will continue to support us in 2017. If I or any member of this office can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to call on us.
Sheriff Joe Sedinger