AUTAUGA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE PREPARES FOR COVID-19
3/13/2020, Prattville, ALABAMA
Autauga County Sheriff's Office Prepares for COVID-19
The Autauga County Sheriff's Office and Autauga Metro Jail will implement the following precautions concerning the COVID-19 virus effective immediately. We are limiting the amount of outside visitors that enter the Autauga County Sheriff's Office and Autauga Metro Jail.
- Visitation at the Metro Jail has been halted until further notice.
- All outside classes and activities held inside the Metro Jail has been postponed until further notice. This will include GED Classes, Bible Study, Jail Ministries and Fatherhood Classes.
- Inmate Work Release has also been postponed until further notice.
- Attorneys will be allowed to see clients in the jail visitation area. The Jail Staff will assist attorneys in getting paperwork signed when needed.
- The Autauga County Sheriff's Office will be limiting the number of citizens that are inside the administrative office at one time. We would encourage you to mail in your pistol permit renewals for 1 year if possible over the next few months.
- There will also be an increase of cleaning being done inside the Metro Jail and Sheriff's Office. Common surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant multiple times a day.
- Deputy vehicles will be cleaned after every transport.
These precautions are being implemented to protect not only our employees and inmates we house, but the citizens that we come in contact with on a daily basis. Our deputies will still be answering calls for service, but will be keeping a social distance from people they talk to until physical contact has to be made by detaining or arresting an individual. The Sheriff's Office will still be issuing pistol permits. We just ask your patience if you come into the office as you may have to wait a little longer than usual to get one issued.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Autauga County Sheriff's Office at 334-361-2500.